[racket] host not found error

From: prad (prad at towardsfreedom.com)
Date: Sun May 6 19:31:39 EDT 2012

Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> writes:

>     hi danny!
>     i using get-pure-port and yes it's in a loop.
>     i also delete-pure-port because i was getting a different error when i
>     didn't which was to run out of file-descriptors (i think) since i kept
>     getting a can't open database file error.
> Wait!  But delete-pure-port is something entirely different.  It corresponds
> to one of the basic HTTP verbs (others are GET, PUT, POST).  Are you sure you
> haven't been using close-input-port?
yes i've been using delete-pure-port because i thought it went with
get-pure-port both of which use a url.

i think i'd better go and study just what these things do.

i also don't think there's a problem with the nameserver because i

1) put a delay of 1s into the program per retrieve
2) removed the nameservers in resolv.conf - just worked from my local
3) used a public nameserver

crashes at the same number of records everytime!

so at least we've eliminated the nameserver issue.

now i'd better look at this port stuff.

in friendship,

Posted on the users mailing list.