[racket] Getting started with Scribble

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Mar 17 14:44:51 EDT 2012

Yesterday, Mark Engelberg wrote:
> I'm sort of thinking along the lines of Haskell's version of
> literate programming, where if you use the file suffix of lhs
> instead of hs, rather than having a file that is mostly code with
> occasional comments, you can easily write a document that is mostly
> text with occasional code.  In that mode, by default, a line is
> treated as text unless it has a > at the beginning of the line to
> indicate it is code.

Note that what Haskell does is *semi*-literate-programming, something
that has little to do with literate programming.  Neil Van Dyke is
working on a tool that is going to be more like
semi-literate-programming.

Also, in both cases the main difficulty is how to make both aspects of
the code available: you want to usually run the code, but in other
cases you want just the documentation.  With the new submdules, this
is now possible to do in a single module, so perhaps its time to add a
semi-literate thing...