[racket] Cloud Racket - Amazon Standard AMI Linux Image - OpenSSL Breakage

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Mar 16 06:56:26 EDT 2012

A few minutes ago, Ray Racine wrote:
> One option is to modify the Racket collection source and add
> libssl.so.1.0.0g.  But I suspect enumerable versions,
> libssl.so.1.0.0h,i,j... et al to keep popping up pretty regular.

This sounds wrong if there is no intention to have code linked against
a particular sub-letter version.  But the source is already doing that
(up to "e" ATM).

> However, I assume on purpose for this very issue and not by typo,
> the standard AWS EC2 Linux image provides a libssl.so.10 soft link
> (notice ten "10" and not "1.0" ), which is lexically a later version
> as far as ldconfig is concerned, hence is cached by ldconfig.

This sounds like a bug in that package, since there is no libssl
version 10, AFAICT -- but it looks like a common choice for a version
number.  So maybe it's best to make racket use that, and drop the
existing "1.0.0[a-f]" versions?

(It would probably help if people try that and see if there are any
problems with doing so.)