[racket] fonts missing with latest .deb from PPA

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 26 19:38:06 EST 2012

Still on the .deb / apt-get thing....

Yesterday at our local coding dojo I installed Racket using apt-get from
Linux Mint official repo (
http://community.linuxmint.com/software/view/racket).

I got sad when I noticed that the version was 5.1.1 (same version of the
one in the Ubuntu repo http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/racket), without
many of the recent improvements with direct impact on newcomers, like the
keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-R x ctrl-T). I also noticed a problem I had
experienced before, and that has been reported here in the list: highlight
between matching parens not working (missing lib?).
I believe this is fixed in newer versions...

Oh, and I wish DrRacket would show on the Applications menu!

I thought of installing from the repo since that could be easier for people
to upgrade over time.
Next week I ought to reinstall from the website download, maybe the next
version 5.2.1.

Unfortunatelly we had to interrupt our dojo in the middle because of a
building that fell down right next to us...
To the audience, that was more scaring than programming in Racket...

[]'s

Rodolfo Carvalho