[racket] Scribble: "Warning: some cross references may be broken due to undefined tags"

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 14:59:20 EDT 2012

Thank you Matthias and Danny.

In the instructions at
<http://docs.racket-lang.org/planet/Developing_Packages_for_PLaneT.html>,
I was on the early step "6.2.2 Create Documentation". Instead of
trying to get the docs "perfect" at this step, it sounds like I should
have forged ahead a few steps to the sort of activities in "6.3 Build
a Distribution Archive".

If today were the "docathon" Sunday in October, I'd take a stab at
reordering the steps, or, adding at 6.2 a sidebar with Matthias' tip.

>     raco setup -P gregh my-little-planet-package.plt 1 0
>
> (or whatever your username and planet package may be...)

Although I had another name in mind, I think you've convinced me
instead to call it, "My Little Planet Package: Friendship is Magic".
Let the brony jokes commence.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Greg Hendershott
> <greghendershott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Working on Scribble docs for first PLaneT package. Can't reference
>> Racket symbols using `@racket[]'. Probably doing something dumb, but
>> I've compared my .scrbl to a few on PLaneT and can't see what I'm
>> doing wrong/differently.
>

> Ah!  If you use the 'raco setup' command, you may be able to avoid this.
>
>     raco setup -P gregh my-little-planet-package.plt 1 0
>
> (or whatever your username and planet package may be...)
>
> should build your PLaneT package.  The use of 'raco setup -P ...' will
> also run Scribble on your documentation and provide it with the right
> cross-referencing to other parts of the Racket documentation.
>

> However, if you run 'scribble' directly, Scribble won't automatically
> know about that cross-referencing information provided by the rest of
> the environment.  Matthias's suggested command line ("--xref-in
> setup/xref load-collections-xref") will provide that cross-referencing
> information to Scribble.

Posted on the users mailing list.