[racket] Scribble: "Warning: some cross references may be broken due to undefined tags"

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Thu Aug 16 12:24:49 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Greg Hendershott
<greghendershott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Working on Scribble docs for first PLaneT package. Can't reference
> Racket symbols using `@racket[]'. Probably doing something dumb, but
> I've compared my .scrbl to a few on PLaneT and can't see what I'm
> doing wrong/differently.

Ah!  If you use the 'raco setup' command, you may be able to avoid this.

    raco setup -P gregh my-little-planet-package.plt 1 0

(or whatever your username and planet package may be...)

should build your PLaneT package.  The use of 'raco setup -P ...' will
also run Scribble on your documentation and provide it with the right
cross-referencing to other parts of the Racket documentation.

However, if you run 'scribble' directly, Scribble won't automatically
know about that cross-referencing information provided by the rest of
the environment.  Matthias's suggested command line ("--xref-in
setup/xref load-collections-xref") will provide that cross-referencing
information to Scribble.

Posted on the users mailing list.