[racket] obtaining name of module-level binding

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 7 18:50:33 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Galler <lzgaller at optonline.net> wrote:
> Robby,
>
> Thanks for the prompt answer.
>
>  I suspected that would be the case.
>
> Is 'Semantics Engineering with PLT Redex' where I should get started on
> language-engineering?

That book does, in a very indirect way, prepare you to answer
questions like this one. But it is aimed more at people who want to
learn how PL semantics work (and people who want to program up their
semantics).

If you want to make progress directly on the posted question, I'd say
to follow Danny's post closely and experiment with it.

Robby

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
>> No, but you could define your own language that had its own define
>> that cooperated with some-useful-... to do that.
>>
>> You would probably want to do this with a macro, tho, so that you get
>> the lexical property. I guess.
>>
>> Robby
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Galler <lzgaller at optonline.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a function or syntax to obtain the module-level binding of a
>>> function?
>>>
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> (define (my-function)
>>>   (display
>>> (some-useful-function-which-captures-name-of-module-level-binding)))
>>>
>>> ;-> 'my-function
>>>

>>> Thanks very much.
>>>
>>> R./
>>> Zack