[racket] Policy on cross posting to the list and Stackoverflow

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 08:28:16 EDT 2012

I think the following are all excellent points -- on SO I'd upvote them :).

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> SO also has the advantage that it acts as marketing for the Racket
> community. It's plausible that developers are more likely to use (or at
> least to hear about) a language that has strong SO activity.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> FWIW, I've found stack overflow to be great. There was a certain class
> of questions that I used to not be able to find answers to by googling
> that now I can and it has been very helpful on occasion.

Starting to be OT: The New York Times Sunday magazine just had a good
article (readable online) about games, including the "gamification" of
non-game systems. Although not mentioned in that article, the Stack
Exchange family of sites are an interesting example of using game
mechanisms for a productive end.

Posted on the users mailing list.