[racket] srfi usage within Racket

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Apr 4 12:39:31 EDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Ray Racine wrote:

> Stay in the scheme sphere long enough everyone has their SRFI moment and one concerning SRFI-19 in particular.  Here I refer to the, "that's it, I can't stand no more, by god, this time I'm going replace SRFI-19" moment.
>
>  A couple of months back I had my nth moment with SRFI-19 and my usual partial response.
>
>  https://github.com/RayRacine/racketlib/tree/datetime/src/racket/datetime
>
> In SRFI-19's defense, unsurprisingly, the overall approach and design of SRFI-19 captures the gist of what needs to be done.   That said, I did spend the rest of the morning cut and pasting a few core aspects of SRFI-19 around (core being those features I immediately needed).
>
> FWIW, I seem to recall the current Racket impl is missing a couple of leap second adjustments in the current release.
>
> Overall I agree a number of SRFIs should be tidied up a bit, ported to modernized Racket syntax and added as part of the standard Racket collections.  But who has the time?

Well, I agree. That's why I want to break it up into teeny tiny pieces that I can do in half an hour and plausibly add to the core.

A quick scan of your repository suggests that you were also focused on julian<->date conversions and on formatting. Is this a fair summary?

John

Posted on the users mailing list.