[racket] Poll: Does anybody besides Doug use 'plot'?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 30 19:23:37 EDT 2011

On Friday, September 30, 2011, Neil Toronto <neil.toronto at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/30/2011 02:57 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>>
>> Neil,
>>
>>  I don't think that this is the right call, if I understand you
>> correctly. So, to double check that I understand correctly, are you
>> planning to provide a compatibility layer for plot with some other name?
>> If so, did you consider leaving that as the plot library for a few
>> releases to give people time to migrate what they care about?
>
> You understand correctly, and the compatibility layer is called
'plot/compat'.

> Why would it take a few releases to change 'plot' to 'plot/compat'?

At the moment our users have noting to port *to*. it seems wrong to make
these changes all at once.

BTW, I think a fair interpretation of the response here is "sure I will deal
with a dew pinches while you give me a nice big bowl of ice-cream". But I
don't think pinching is either necessary or appropriate in this case.

Robby