[racket] Default current directory

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Nov 28 17:35:22 EST 2011

Robby Findler wrote at 11/28/2011 02:57 PM:
> I've adjusted DrRacket so that the initial current-directory is now
> the user's home directory (when the file is not saved).

Currently on Linux, the "(current-directory)" seems to be the current
working directory of the process from which DrRacket was started, and I
rely on this somewhat in a few places.  Will this be changing?

Why I ask... One way in which I somewhat rely on this is in a large
Racket-based software system, for which developers typically have a few
branches checked out on their workstation, there is a "drracket" Make
target that invokes the correct version of DrRacket with several
environment variables set appropriately for that particular checkout.
The current working directory for Racket is in the directory for that
checkout., and this is the default when they go to pick a source code
file to open.  Were this default directory to instead be their home
directory, not only would that be aggravating, but it would also likely
lead to user error, when they accidentally go to the wrong checkout tree
and view/edit files there, rather than in the checkout they thought they
were working in.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/