[racket] DrRacket needs work

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 14 18:30:07 EST 2011

On 2011-11-14 15:56:00 -0500, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> I think that *the* lowest-hanging fruit for DrRacket UI
> approachability for everyone would be to tweak some of the toolbar
> icons, probably by using off-the-shelf Free Software icons.[*]
> The first two icons I'd change are Stop (make more modern look, like
> the Debug icon) and Check Syntax (looks too much like a Search/Find
> icon, and primitive look).  Some of the other icons are good, and
> some are arguable.

Maybe some of the icons from the Tango Project would be a good fit for
this, as they aim to be platform independent and many projects use their
icons these days.

There are also some additional icon sets based on Tango, like RRZE.
Perhaps something like the "document passed" icon from it would be a
good fit for Check Syntax?

http://rrze-icon-set.berlios.de/gallery.html (search for "document

Posted on the users mailing list.