[racket] Install to standard Unix directories

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sun Nov 13 09:21:56 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 02:12:30PM -0500, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> Jay Riddle wrote at 11/12/2011 12:45 PM:
> >What is the option to get Racket to install to the standard unix
> >directories?  I have compiled Racket 5.2 on a Ubuntu 11.10. I have
> >done a quick test of DrRacket and it appears to be working.
>
> Do you mean by using the "--prefix=/usr/local" or "--prefix=/usr"
> option to "configure" before you compile?
>
> BTW, rather than use the standard Unix directories, I would use
> "--prefix=/usr/local/racket-5.2", because I like to have multiple
> versions of Racket installed at the same time.

Perhaps he means following the Linux file-system standard, with
executables in one place, libraries in another, and so forth.
Perhaps the answer is for him to look at the Debian source package for
Racket (or PLT Scheme if you've got an older distro) and see how they do
it.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.