[racket] Racket and .NET

From: Ben Goetter (goetter at mazama.net)
Date: Wed Jun 22 12:58:21 EDT 2011

On 6/21/2011 6:40 PM, José Lopes wrote:

> Is there a way of interfacing with Racket from a .NET language?
> I would like to write a program in F# to use the libraries I have in
> Racket.

Try loading mzcom via F#'s COM interop.  Something like
  let racket =
Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("MzCOM.MzObj"));;
  let catbox = racket.Eval("(require your)");;
  let results = racket.Eval("(your procedure application here)");;

Passing parameters to your Racket libraries could prove a challenge,
since you'll be making F# strings of Racket-readable lexical syntax.

Disclaimer 1: I haven't tried this myself.
Disclaimer 2: mzcom is rather undermaintained.

Ben

Posted on the users mailing list.