[racket] network server with places?

From: Jon Zeppieri (zeppieri at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 5 19:36:52 EDT 2011

Is there a way to write a network server using places, where separate
client connections would be handled by separate worker places? Since
neither TCP listeners nor ports can be sent over a place-channel, I
can't figure out a way of doing this short of handling all socket I/O
in the "main" place --- the one that manages the listener.

What I'd like is either for the workers to accept their own
connections (but that would require a shared listener) or to have the
main place accept connections but hand them off to the workers. I
don't know if there is any way to accomplish this right now, and if
there isn't, I don't know what the right approach would be.

-Jon

Posted on the users mailing list.