[racket] Racket documentation for web development is just awful!

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Dec 19 17:55:28 EST 2011

Racket Noob wrote at 12/19/2011 05:02 PM:
> I think that Racket primarily serves to a specific group of people as
> an inexhaustible source for mass-production of always the same
> academic articles, and much less for everyday, practical programming.

I myself am quite fond of inflammatory tone as recreational activity,
but in this case, the substance of your assertion is far off the mark on
multiple points, which I think spoils the effect.

> I think it would be most useful that, after the "Continue" tutorial,
> follows one realistic example of more complex web application, through
> a detailed story about how and why it was made just that way.

This is a good suggestion. It will also take a while for someone to do,
so, in the meantime, people might be interested in a (non-mass-produced)
article on earlier Racket Web app support:
http://untyped.com/files/icfp068-welsh.pdf

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/