[racket] HTDP exersise 12.4.2

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sun Aug 28 17:30:09 EDT 2011

I would like to add the following: by putting (wrong or correct) solutions
on a public list you do much harm to HtDP. It is essential that readers of
HtDP follow the instructions of the book. Giving someone else the
opportunity to copy/paste a solution of a problem does great harm to the
HtDP and may waste years of efforts put into HtDP. When I got access to the
solutions of HtDP exercises, I was strictly instructed (and rightly so) to
not reveal any substantial material on public forums, just for this reason.
Leaning is hard labour, I know, but you can't really learn by copy/paste.
Rather on the contrary. You can only learn by solving problems by yourself.
Please do not seduce other HtDP readers to quickly pass over an exercise
without doing their own homework. And if you get to a point where you can't
proceed, many people are willing to help you, provded you do so privately or
by asking questions that do not reveal (potential) solutions.

Jos

  _____