[racket] Bite-Size Racket Projects

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 28 09:47:05 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> I've been releasing packages as LGPL, so that people can use them, and so
> that they can be forked it I get hit by a bus.  But I'd strongly prefer that
> people not fork any of the stuff I've released unless I've declared it
> obsolete.  (If I don't get alienated by forking, I'll be more likely to
> release my end-all-be-all time library sooner.)  If I do get hit by a bus,
> however, I will have fewer objections to forking.

Fork is not a pejorative in the Git world, but rather a model of
distributed development. If I want to add a feature to your code, but
we don't work closely enough to share access to the same repo, I fork
your code and then issue a pull request to you. If you accept the pull
request my changes get merged back into your repository.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.