[racket] Additional GUI components?

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Fri Aug 19 07:42:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

These are probably not the answers you want, but may help in the short term;

* its pretty easy to make composite components (ou probably know this)
* MrEd Designer[1] has a nice treeview - moving it into a separate module on
Planet is on my to-do list :(
* an Hierarchical List Control is available in Mr Lib: Extra GUI
Libraries<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/html/compose/static_files/index.html>at
 (require<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/html/compose/reference/require.html#(form._((lib._racket/private/base..rkt)._require))>
mrlib/hierlist)
http://docs.racket-lang.org/mrlib/Hierarchical_List_Control.html  (this is
used in Dr Scheme itself for the language selection dialog, and a more
sophisticated example is in the email client that you can find if you
download 'Racket Full' from the nightly installers.
* 'Racket Full' also include a small integrated GUI tool last time I looked.
* MrEd Designer is pretty sweet.

[1]
http://planet.racket-lang.org/display.ss?package=mred-designer.plt&owner=orseau

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Jukka Tuominen <
jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi> wrote:

> **
> Moro Tomppa,
>
> I second the desire for more GUI components. I hacked earlier a DIY version
> of the accordian panel, but I'd rather use a single container rather than
> construct it from many components.
>
> The GUI behaviour seems to work through Ext Liitin connection, unlike the
> functions that call some Liitin-specific primitives. To try it, run the
> following command:
> (liitin:script-manager)
>
> or to display the source code, run the following:
> (display (l-get 'liitin:script-manager)); display for restoring the
> original indentation
>
> I'd even like to see some GUI building tool integrated to DrRacket some
> day, MrEd Designer for example :)
>
> br, jukka

Stephen De Gabrielle
stephen.degabrielle at acm.org