[racket] FW: External connection to Finndesign Liitin

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 4 12:53:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 06:26, Jukka Tuominen
<jukka.tuominen at finndesign.fi>wrote:

> **
> Hi Rodolfo,
> I'm glad you liked it :)

I've been following your announcements. Your ideal is interesting.

> Unfortunately there's not yet a decent way to find out what's available.
> I've noticed the same need while 'dog-fooding' on the system, and have
> planned to approach it in two ways:
> - Provide an internal/external channel for people to make announcements (=
> web and/or posting list)
> - Add a search functionality atleast with free-text search on object name
> and content, and 'my history' options.

Maybe some kind of indexed and searchable repository would be nice. Then
this repository could provide an API to search for things.
For example one can do an "apt-cache search ..." to search APT repositories
from the console, as well as use a GUI like Synaptic to perform a similar

> (take 2 (liitin:search "calculator"))

> (length (liitin:category "games"))

Rodolfo Carvalho