[racket] Polymorphism via compile time dispatch

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 18 16:51:41 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Eduardo Cavazos <wayo.cavazos at gmail.com> wrote:

> The experiment is dependent upon a feature particular to Chez Scheme
> described in section 11.4. "Compile-time Values and Properties" in the
> user's guide:
>
>     http://scheme.com/csug8/syntax.html#./syntax:h4
>
> In particular, I'm using 'define-property'.
>
> Is there a similar facility for Racket? Any tips for doing this sort of
> thing in Racket are welcome. :-)

You can implement the same thing using the technique described in these papers:

  Composable and Compilable Macros, Flatt, ICFP 2002
  Advanced Macrology and the Implementation of Typed Scheme, Culpepper
et al, Scheme 2007

Using that, it should be possible to implement `define-property' as a library.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.