[racket] News flash! Racket once again a legal choice for developing iPhone apps!

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 16:47:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> Brent Fulgham wrote at 09/14/2010 03:55 PM:
>
>  has provided each student with a personal iPad, think that DrScheme on the
>> iPad would be a wonderful thing.
>>

> Does the current Apple text prohibit PLaneT?

It would appears so as you should not "side load" code into your application
via network.

But is racket a good choice to run in an restricted environment such as
iPhone?  It seems like if one were to choose racket as a development
platform for native iPhone app, there are a few questions (ones that I don't
know about - others might know) on whether it is currently viable:

   - ARM processor support
   - limited memory usage
   - Objective-C/Cocoa interface
   - Compilation to a "single" exe (zipped structure appears to be fine) -
   or at least compile all planet packages along with the exe so it can be
   shipped together without going through planet

There might be other questions but those are on top of my head.

Cheers,
yc