[racket] Exploratory programming?

From: prad (prad at towardsfreedom.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 15:17:41 EST 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:55:54 -0800
Richard Lawrence
<richard.lawrence at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I'm wondering how one goes about "exploring" the Racket
> libraries.

greetings richard!
i'm coming from a python background too.

i tried drracket, but much prefer neil's excellent quack (i especially
like the name).

i like the incremental search system for the documentation, though it
doesn't have an apropos feature like emacs.

i'm doing what grant suggests - going right through the guide. it is
very impressive, imho. i figure the combination of the search and
knowledge the guide provides should enable me to get what i want in a
timely fashion.

the entire racket setup is the highest quality system we've ever
encountered.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's

Posted on the users mailing list.