[plt-scheme] Examples of Scheme (or Lisp) in real-world

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 9 20:50:57 EST 2010

I followed upward from the URL you sent earlier, and got here:

Are the lab materials listed here an accurate depiction of what the
course is covering?

And if so, is there a chance that -- and this is the point where I
remind you to fasten your flak jacket -- is there a chance that the
students are...bored to tears?

You say that most of your students want to build *something*.  Of
course most of them don't know what they want to build -- that's why
they're students.  But they still represent a great starting point: a
desire to DO, rather than a desire to sit back, relax, and hope that
their diploma will guarantee them riches.

Putting such students through this lab material...well, if I were them
(and I was, one of those students who wanted to DO something), I would
be in deep rebellion too.

Posted on the users mailing list.