[racket] syntax, differently

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jul 31 21:48:13 EDT 2010

On Jul 31, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> Given that I'm reading this with a variable-width font, what is the
> style of indentation?

Replacing spaces with "~"s:

  (if~E1
  ~~E2
  ~~E3)

> If it's two spaces after the first "if", can't you tell DrRacket to
> indent "if" as if it were "define" and won't that fix it?

No, because a newline after "if" will indent the condition with two
spaces too.  (You could probably argue that this means that the
indentation for deifnitions is broken too.)  The whole point of my
indentation is that I treat the two branches as "body" expressions
rather than arguments -- unlike the condition.