[racket] HTDP.org solutions access?

From: Byron Gibson (fbg111 at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 18 20:30:51 EDT 2010

Thanks Mattais, I certainly appreciate this list being so responsive
and helpful.  And I definitely wouldn't post guesses asking for the
answer, since I'm spending my own time to really learn the material,
not just pass a course.

It's just a less efficient workflow to post my solutions to the list
asking for feedback, vs being able to quickly click, compare mine to
the correct one, and move on.  Instant feedback speeds up the
Read->Code->Understand loop.

Having already worked through The Little Schemer, I'm getting most of
HTDP's exercises right so far, at least in terms of them working in
DrRacket and returning correct answers.  But there are usually
variations on how the program can be correctly written, and that's
what I was hoping to be able to check against the authors' solutions.

Byron

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> The solutions are available for teachers who dont have
> time to make up new exercises every year.
>
> If you are unsure about a solution, it is acceptable to
> ask questions on this list.
>
> It is a bad idea, though, to post a (guess at a) solution
> and to ask "is this it."
>
> -- Matthias
>

> On Jul 18, 2010, at 3:58 PM, Byron Gibson wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if it's possible for someone who is not a teacher
>> (nor an enrolled student) to get access to the HTDP.org solution
>> website?
>>
>> http://htdp.org/2003-09-26/Solutions/
>>
>> It's only available to teachers, but I'm a web developer working my
>> way through HTDP.org in my spare time.
>>
>> Several times I've gotten a working program, but with a different and
>> stylistically incorrect structure (when the answers were available in
>> the text).
>>
>> I suspect I'm doing the same thing on many of the exercises, and would
>> like to be able to see the correct way without pinging the mailing
>> list or irc channel every time.
>>
>> I emailed this request to passwords at htdp.org a few days ago, but no
>> response yet.  Anyone know how to go about this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Byron
>>
>> --
>> I think I think, therefore I think I am.

Byron

--
I think I think, therefore I think I am.