[racket] DrRacket never uses more than 1 GB?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 13 07:35:08 EDT 2010

At Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:55:17 -0400, Greg Hendershott wrote:
> Ah. If the GC needs 2X actual that would explain 2 GB --> 1 GB usable.
> That's a shame but I understand.

I don't think that's it. If you have a memory limit set, then there's a
factor of 2 involved, but that doesn't apply when you don't have a
memory limit.

> Since I posted, my git bisect suggests it wasn't my code that changed,
> instead there was some change from PLT 4 to Racket.

For "Racket", do you mean version 5.0? If you mean later versions from
git, I wonder whether commit 41d1daf53 from June 1 is relevant. (Commit
0e664e7c0 is needed along with 41d1daf53 under Windows.)

Posted on the users mailing list.