[plt-scheme] Choosing language in PLT Scheme

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 09:28:04 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Lee Spector <lspector at hampshire.edu> wrote:
> Anyway, I think it might be nice for the docs to present this approach or at least this set of issues explicitly in one place where newcomers will see it, since the multiple options for including libraries can be confusing. I do know that some of this is already in some places in the docs, but it took me a while to find the pieces that I've found. It would also be nice if any places in the docs that refer to teachpacks or library-related #lang lines provided the equivalent require forms explicitly.

This is a recurring issue. Rather than document it I think it would be
better to fix the language selection dialogue so that it wasn't so
confusing. Doing this, however, is hard. It's been discussed a few
times without much success. My own suggestion is to either change the
name of Module to PLT Scheme (or just Scheme), or add a Scheme
language. I know Module is not just #lang scheme but by the time
people realise this I expect they can handle an inaccurately named
language.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.