[racket] Possible to install both plt-scheme from repo and racket from racket-lang.org?

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 15:16:28 EDT 2010

> IIUC, the request is for us to build .deb files, which means that
> you'd need to get it manually.  A nicer thing that involves more work
> would be to make our server usable as a package repository, but
> together with making it a yum repository this sounds like a
> non-trivial amount of work.  Yet one level above that is becoming the
> maintainer of the debian (and ubuntu, and fedora, etc etc) package,
> which leads to a whole bunch of additional bureaucracy...

Personally, just a .deb on Racket's website would be just fine.
A release for apt-get would be awesome, but as you detail, I'm not sure that
is worth the investment, unless you want Racket to be a lot more visible
(e.g., there aren't many things under "Scheme" in Ubuntu's software center,
that would make Racket quite visible).