[racket] Question about the double submit bug 'in the wild'

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Aug 20 20:40:02 EDT 2010

> Are there ways to detect such institutions before applying?

The biggest component of finding a good employer, assuming you're good,
is networking.  Good people like to work with other good people, and
they like to go within their network for sharing information and finding
new people/organizations.

Secondarily, remember that when you're interviewing for a job, it's
actually true that you should be evaluating the company as much as
they're evaluating you.  (Don't let them confuse you about the dynamic
with the "Now is the time in interview when you code/dance for our
amusement!  Pet my monkey!" routine.)  Are the people you're talking
with brilliant, engineering-inclined, and enthusiastic, in general and
about the work itself, and do they seem to honestly encourage you to
work there?  It doesn't count if they're excited only about their
weekend projects, or about spending most of each workday on Reddit.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/