[racket] Possible to install both plt-scheme from repo and racket from racket-lang.org?

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 16:26:41 EDT 2010

> The problem is that both .deb files and .rmp files are designed so
> that you package the source with instructions on how to compile them
> into binaries.  But our build process produces the binary packages and
> therefore going from there to .deb/.rpm files is very awkward.

I thought it was possible to make .deb files from binaries only.
But maybe I'm mistaken.

> > What would be even better is if raco could create installers (.debs
> > for Debian-based distros, .msi/setup.exe for Windows, etc.).
> > Although I would also be happy if raco could create the .sh install
> > script that is used for DrRacket.
>
> If you're talking about creating distributions of applications, then
> it already does that -- but to make things portable and expected,
> these distributions are very simple: tgz/zip/dmg for unix/win/osx
> respectively.

Yes, but I was talking about going one step further than this:
DrRacket is bundled into a .sh/.exe/.something file.
I'd like raco to do the same thing for my own projects, and not stop at the
.tgz/.zip/.dmg step, which is still good, but could be better (which
obviously requires some time and work).

That would be as portable as DrRacket distributions, wouldn't it?