[racket] documentation example for slideshow/pict

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Aug 8 23:38:22 EDT 2010

Bill Richter wrote at 08/08/2010 10:01 PM:
> I think the question is when Racket plans to take over the world of
> web applications.  Racket isn't ready to take over now, because the
> docs don't have enough examples.  But maybe you racketeers need
> another 10 years anyway, so right now, the docs only have to be good
> enough for the builders & maintainers.  With this criterion, the docs
> pass with flying colors.

Racket has been used for a few serious Web applications for at least a
couple years now, and the technology is even better now than when these
people started.  I'm hoping that these deployments can be publicized better.

Eventually, some prominent startup or organization will publicize a huge
success story with Racket.  Then there will be a sudden wealth of
redundant "Teach Yourself Black Belt Racket 5.1 For Dummies In 21 Days
Turbo Powered Lite" books.  You're arguably better off getting in on the
ground floor now, when the people who are talking about Racket generally
know what they are talking about. :)

Disclosure: I develop applications in Racket for a living.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/