[racket] documentation example for slideshow/pict

From: Horace Dynamite (horace.dynamite at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 8 06:00:57 EDT 2010

> I suppose you're right, but you (aren't you one of the maintainers?)
> may not be a good judge of whether the documentation has enough
> examples for the ''everyday programming'' folks Racket is targeting.

No, I'm not one of the maintainers :-).

I'm still very much a newbie in computing.

> I agree with you that docs can always be improved with some choice
> examples.  Thanks for thinking to contribute.  In this regard, Horace
> is being perhaps a bit too defensive.

I didn't mean to be defensive. I decided to work a little through the
SICP book, using MIT Scheme. Now, going from Rackets documentation to
MIT Schemes was a big shock. Most of the documentation I've read for
other software I use on my computer was also much less useful than I
found Rackets. I've perhaps been skewed by a poor sample here, but I
don't think its accurate to suggest Racket doesn't have good
documentation (not perfect!)

Horace.

Posted on the users mailing list.