[racket] documentation example for slideshow/pict

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 7 23:28:07 EDT 2010

Bill,

I agree with you that docs can always be improved with some choice
examples.  Thanks for thinking to contribute.  In this regard, Horace
is being perhaps a bit too defensive.

However, your particular example strikes me as far too verbose for
inclusion in documentation, which needs to also be concise enough to
be quickly browsable by a programmer deep in the middle of writing
something.  In this regard, Horace is dead on.

That's not saying your example has no place in public; to the
contrary, it's an excellent template that someone may well find handy.
 The place for such examples is, I think, the Scheme Cookbook
(www.schemecookbook.org) under a few different categories.  Why don't
you test it thoroughly and contribute it there?

Heck, have your son upload it.  It'll be (one of) his first
public-ation(s)!  If he contributes a bunch more, someday he may be
able to make a dossier of them when he applies for something.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.