[racket] Controlling where help desk, universe canvas open

From: Mitchell Wand (wand at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 4 14:28:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm running Racket 5.0 on a Vista box w/ an auxiliary display using "extend
my desktop onto this display".  The auxiliary display gets plugged into a
projector, which displays on the big screen.

This is convenient for running Powerpoint presentations (stop sniggering!)
because the presentation runs on the big screen while my laptop screen shows
a timer, notes, etc.

It's also useful for doing codewalks because I can run the Racket window on
the big display and keep other stuff that I don't want folks to see on the
laptop screen.

This all works fine except for 2 things:

1.  The first time I right-click on a symbol and select "Search for XXX in
Help Desk", a new Firefox window opens up, but it's on my small screen, not
on the extended screen near the racket window.    My workaround is to drag
the FF window over to the auxiliary screen. After that, the Help Desk window
usually (but not always) opens up on the auxiliary display as desired.
 Anybody got any better ideas?

2. When I open up a new world using big-bang, the new world (labelled
"World") opens up on the small screen, not  on the auxiliary screen as
desired.  Is there any way to control where the World opens?  Could it be
made to open near the position of the interaction window?  (Yes, I know that
there might not be any interaction window.  That doesn't help me, though.)
 Any ideas?

--Mitch