[plt-scheme] Scribble in latin-1

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 7 09:52:58 EDT 2009

Hi all,

(first post about (PLT) Scheme, just wanted to express my deep
gratitude for all your work. This language is *so* wonderful)

Scribble is also a very nice tool, but I didn't find where it could
output to latin-1 instead of UTF-8.
I had some problems with the 4.2.1.6 version, so I use the scribble/
text language to generate multiple latex files from one scrbl file.

Is there a latin-1 feature integrated somehow in Scribble yet? I
couldn't find it...

I've written this function, to use with with-output-to-file and
include (to include another scrbl file) :

(define (write-latin-1 s)
   (cond [(list? s) (for-each write-latin-1 s)]
         [(string? s) (display (string->bytes/latin-1 s))]
         [#t (write s)] ))

but it lacks, among other things, the indentation feature of the output
(?) function.

Posted on the users mailing list.