[plt-scheme] Some PLT environment issues

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 27 11:00:00 EDT 2009

4) I'm working on 1.2 at the moment. Adding packing planet archives for
simple libraries, though if I can get orseau/lazy-doc and scribble/srcdoc to
work I may drop my own hack-job.

version 1.3 of project should be support for revision/version control
systems. Initially subversion and maybe
fossil-scm<http://www.fossil-scm.org/>- as it gets me a
bug/task-tracker for free(see next point)

2 )I'd like to address the issue of a 'collection of files', but at the
moment saving and loading sets of tabs, assuming you use the *not-default[1]
* tabs facility in DrScheme, is what (the mis-named) ProjectMgr does.  I
really like eclipse/mylyn <http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/>, but its a lot of
things and it would be nice if someone with more experience said 'just do x'
where x is something minimal that meets a need.
Note: The value(or lack of) of adding project/task support is questionable.

The good thing about DrScheme is if you don't like it you can write a plugin
and change it - just load it up onto Planet so others can use it too :-)
(please don't take that the wrong way - I immediately 'starred' your email
as good input for my little plugin )

3) I've often thought a popup that just had the syntax for a object or
method would be good, doing gui stuff gets pretty heavy on the  browser
calling f1 key - at least when I do it.

Cheers,

Stephen

[1] I think tabs should be the default. users are used to them these days.
(I might log a change request on the plt-scheme bug tracker to see what
response I get)

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Scott McLoughlin <scott at adrenaline.com>
wrote:
>> 2) Regarding the "collection of files" refered to above, DrScheme
>> would benefit greatly from a simple default Project structure concept.
>
> Stephen wrote this:

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/spdegabrielle/projectmgr.plt/1/1/doc.txt

Stephen De Gabrielle
stephen.degabrielle at acm.org