[plt-scheme] Scheme for first year CS classes, good or bad?

From: Michael Coffin (mhcoffin at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 23:42:04 EDT 2009

Yes. The thing that surprised me the most when moving from grad
school/academia to industry is what an incredibly un-macho and *social*
activity programming is when it's done right. There are a lot of things that
drive that, but I think pervasive code reviews are the most important.  If I
ever went back to teaching, I would seriously consider requiring that every
line of code submitted for an assignment first go through a code review by
another student.

p.s. But he's right about if vs. cond. :-)