[plt-scheme] Download links in PLaneT

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 13 12:02:57 EDT 2009

Is there any way to download a specified .plt file from the PLaneT
server other than by running DrScheme with a "(require planet ...)"?
This past weekend I was out of town on vacation, and I could get a
Net connection through my phone (which doesn't have DrScheme
installed), but not through my laptop (which does).  I was also able
to communicate (with some difficulty) between the phone and the
laptop, so I could have ftp'ed a .plt file from phone to laptop, but
I couldn't figure out how to download the .plt file to the phone.

Likewise, it would be nice in setting up a student lab if I could
download the .plt file once and use the local copy for each of the
computers in the lab, rather than having each computer download
separately from the PLaneT server.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.