[plt-scheme] program online game

From: Brecht Van Laethem (brvlaeth at vub.ac.be)
Date: Tue Oct 13 10:32:37 EDT 2009

I know scheme for offline use but now we have to program an online
version of the boardgame Stratego
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratego) in Scheme as a task for school.

Which library should I use best for this? You must be able to select a
pawn (this will probably be a jpeg or gif) and remove it to another
square on the gameboard (this will probably be an array of pictures)

I've read the library Continue
(http://docs.plt-scheme.org/continue/index.html). It shows how you can
make an online blog with scheme. Is this a suitable library for an
online game? I can't find how you can put an image on a specific
position on the screen.

I've noticed that there is also another library: Web
(http://docs.plt-scheme.org/web-server/index.html). This library seems
more complex then the Continue library. I've with this library the same
problem: I can't find how you can use images.

What's the easiest way to select a pawn? A button with a picture above
it so you can't see the button?

With friendly regards,

Brecht

Posted on the users mailing list.