[plt-scheme] Speed up check-syntax

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 9 13:45:35 EST 2009

Matthias asked:

>>> Could we approximate parallelism with a 'niced' threading model?

and Robby replied:

> I think what you're asking is if the parallelism we get from the disk
> and the cpu is already enough to get some speed up here(?). I'm not
> sure.

Forget about disk vs CPU; can't this be done in the eons between
keystrokes?  Particularly since nobody is likely to hit "Check
Syntax" as the first action after starting DrScheme.  There should be
plenty of time while the user reads the screen, re-orients to the
problem at hand, finds a spot in the source code, and makes an edit
or two.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.