[plt-scheme] 64-Bit PLT Scheme for Windows

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 16 20:59:05 EDT 2009

At Sat, 16 May 2009 11:51:21 -0600, Doug Williams wrote:
> Has anyone built a 64-bit version of PLT Scheme for Windows?

Not as far as I know, and I haven't tried.

My guess is that it won't work easily. There are lots of places where
pointers go through Win32 functions and back out, and there are
probably mismatches in pointer and integer sizes. But I may guess
wrong.

> As an aside, how about the same question for OS X (on a x86-64 machine)?

Worse: MrEd builds on Carbon, and many Carbon APIs are unsupported in
64-bit mode.

Here, again, my long-term strategy has been to work toward a
re-implementation of MrEd...

Posted on the users mailing list.