[plt-scheme] End-user instructions for upgrading single PLaneT package

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat May 16 20:12:08 EDT 2009

I'd like to be able to write easy instructions for how an end-user can
upgrade to the latest version of a particular PLaneT package that they
have installed.

I do *not* want all PLaneT packages upgraded -- just this one.

Ideally, this would be something like telling the user to run the
command "planet upgrade foo bar".

I don't see a way to do it without having the user look on the PLaneT
Web site to see whether they have the latest version, and if not, then
do "planet show" and then "planet remove foo bar" for the version shown,
followed by the normal installation procedure.

I guess another option is to give the package a feature for upgrading
itself, but I'd like to stay away from that fatness.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/