[plt-scheme] [OT] Books on Software Design

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Wed May 13 09:04:20 EDT 2009

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Paulo J. Matos
> <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to compile a list of books that you would give someone
> that wishes to learn [not a specific language] but how to design good
> software. I have HTDP in my hands and on the list but would like to
> know more. Any suggestions?

I collected a bunch of "adages" for my (beginning and otherwise)
programming students to read and respond to.  It includes some brief
quotes taken from SWE books (and from Descartes and Locke), and
several of the ACM's regrettably-discontinued Classic Papers, and the
first chapter of Brooks's _The Mythical Man-Month_, and Miller's _The
Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two_, and a bunch of on-line
articles about various SWE issues.  It also includes a link to
Richard Pattis's extensive list of quotations on software.

See http://www.adelphi.edu/sbloch/class/adages/

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu