[plt-scheme] Hide/disable output window of compiled executables

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 28 18:10:16 EDT 2009

I am told the console pops up only if your definitions window
contains expressions that produce values. And indeed, I can confirm
this for the svn version on my Mac.

Here is the program I ran:

(require 2htdp/universe)

(define ufo (overlay (rectangle 40 4 'solid 'green) (circle 5 'solid
'green)))
(define mt (empty-scene 200 200))

(define run
   (big-bang 100
             (on-draw (lambda (p) (place-image ufo 50 p mt)))
             (on-tick sub1)
             (stop-when zero?)))

Please try for yourself and holler if it doesn't work. -- Matthias

On Mar 28, 2009, at 4:23 PM, Jordan Johnson wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>> What are you calling the 'console' window and what are you calling
>> the 'graphics' window?
>
> The "console" window is labeled "Standard Output" and shows just
> several lines with #t on each.
>
> The "graphics" window is labeld "DrScheme" and contains the
> student's animation.
>
> jmj
>

>> On Mar 28, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Jordan Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> A couple of my students have asked the following regarding their
>>> world.ss creations:  Is it possible to compile an executable in
>>> the {Beginner,Intermediate,Advanced} Student Language in such a
>>> way that the console window does not appear over the graphics
>>> window?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> jmj