[plt-scheme] Proposed changes to Mirrors

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 11 08:45:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I often make double-quoting mistakes when I'm writing XML using
Mirrors. For example, I might write this:
     (xml (p "This is a " (xml "double quoting") " mistake."))

instead of this (note the unquote):
     (xml (p "This is not a " ,(xml "double quoting") " mistake."))

I'm toying with a very mildly backwards-incompatible idea that will
prevent this kind of thing. Mirrors users will find the change
described here:

     http://svn.untyped.com/mirrors/branches/syntax-experiment/dev/examples.ss

and a preliminary version of the code here:

     http://svn.untyped.com/mirrors/branches/syntax-experiment/src

Because of the way Mirrors versions are currently tied to PLT
versions, I want to make this a minor update to Mirrors 1 and 2. This
will undoubtedly fix more bugs than it causes, but let me know if
anyone has any serious objections.

Cheers,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.