[plt-scheme] how to specify the language "PLAI Scheme" in PLT Scheme in Emacs

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 4 04:54:17 EST 2009

I am interested in working through PLAI, but using PLT Scheme in
Emacs, instead of DrScheme.  However, I do not know how to specify the
language "PLAI Scheme" (corresponding to the "PLAI - Advanced Student"
language specified on p. 8 of the text) in MzScheme, as opposed to
DrScheme.  In fact, according to the online documentation (see below),
there does not seem to be a way.  The version of PLT Scheme that I am
using is v4.1.4.

According to the online documentation for MzScheme for the CS173
course associated with PLAI (see "MzScheme: Legacy Module Language" at
the documentation refers to "the mzscheme language," implying that
MzScheme is a separate language from "PLAI Scheme," and not just a
command-line tool equipped with the same languages.

Furthermore, according to the online documentation for the software
accompanying PLAI (see the "Programming Languages: Application and
Interpretation" section of the "PLT Scheme (installation)" manual at
choosing the language in DrScheme is described, but choosing the
language in MzScheme in Emacs is not.

Is there any way to specify the language "PLAI Scheme" when working
with a PLT Scheme REPL in Emacs?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
-- Matsuo Basho^

Posted on the users mailing list.