[plt-scheme] can't connect to PLaneT on Windows XP machine

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 30 01:46:55 EDT 2009

Gregg Williams wrote:
> I'm trying to get PLT Scheme to work on a Windows XP machine, and I
> can't add needed modules from PLaneT. When I do so in the customary
> way, I get the following error:
>
> ---
> require: PLaneT could not download the requested package: tcp-connect:
> connection to planet.plt-scheme.org, port 80 failed (at step 4: An
> operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.; errno=
> 10038) in: (planet lizorkin/ssax:2:0/ssax)
> ---

Looks like its saying your local PLT client could not connect to the
remote Planet server. I just checked (via telnet) and I can connect just
fine. Maybe its just a transient error? How many times did you try to
connect?

Actually the error looks slightly more serious, what version of PLT are
you using?

Posted on the users mailing list.