[plt-scheme] Some more usability issues

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Sat Jul 25 06:34:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:02:18 -0500
Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Probably best to just hit f1 instead of using that menu, but I've
> limited the number of characters to 50.

Possibly, but it was also visually distracting when the whole display
was covered by the menu (I have a 15" screen, so this happens easily).

> > I found another one: when editing stuff in the REPL, I am often
> > "done" and want to execute the expression. Unsurprisingly pressing
> > [Enter] in the middle does not work as it inserts a newline. I have
> > to go back to the end of the expression to execute it.
> >
> > Would it be possible to add, uhm Ctrl+Enter to evaluate the current
> > expression directly, without the need to go to the end of the line?
>
> I've made it so that numpad-enter as well as control-return/enter and
> alt-return/enter submit the current interaction.

Thanks, this will make the REPL a good deal nicer.

Do you have any plans regarding the scalability of the debugger widgets?

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.