[plt-scheme] Some more usability issues

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 24 01:02:18 EDT 2009

I've addressed two of your requests below. Thanks for the feedback.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Marek Kubica<marek at xivilization.net> wrote:
>> - Search in Helpdesk for "(selection)" in the context menu. This
>> option is incredibly useful, but when I select a large amount of
>> text, the whole 'Search in Helpdesk for "large amount of text"' makes
>> the menu very, very large. I think it would be better to shorten it
>> to the first selected form and add "..." to it. The user will know
>> that there is some more text while not blowing up the sice of the
>> menu.

Probably best to just hit f1 instead of using that menu, but I've
limited the number of characters to 50.

> I found another one: when editing stuff in the REPL, I am often "done"
> and want to execute the expression. Unsurprisingly pressing [Enter]
> in the middle does not work as it inserts a newline. I have to go back
> to the end of the expression to execute it.
>
> Would it be possible to add, uhm Ctrl+Enter to evaluate the current
> expression directly, without the need to go to the end of the line?

I've made it so that numpad-enter as well as control-return/enter and
alt-return/enter submit the current interaction.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.